About Us

Serving the Mullingar Community since 1917

Records show that in 1875 James Tuite had a jewellery business at 14 Oliver Plunkett St, Mullingar, and after his death Joseph and Elizabeth (née Mulready) Feely bought the property in 1917. In 1956 the business then passed to their daughter Attracta and her husband Brendan Walsh, and in 1996 it passed to their son Desmond and his wife Geraldine. March 14th 2017 is the 100th anniversary of the Walsh Family jewellery business.

Celebrating 100 Years – Ag Ceiliúradh Céad Bliain

The business at 14 Oliver Plunkett St has changed a lot over the last 100 years. At various times a huge range of items were sold including cameras, record players and records, musical instruments as well as the main business of jewellery and giftware. As times changed and specialist shops became the norm, the focus of the business shifted to concentrate fully on jewellery and giftware with a particular focus on Irish-made products where possible.

In keeping with our long-standing tradition we sell wedding and engagement rings, watches, pearls and gold and silver jewellery. Our watch ranges include Citizen, Dalton, Lorus, Pulsar, Q&Q, Seiko, Sundial and Telstar. Our jewellery ranges include Shanore Celtic Jewellery, JT Designs and Yo Jewellery, and we sell Noriko cultured pearls. We also stock giftware ranges including Galway Crystal, Bronzart sculptures, and an assortment of clocks, picture frames and pens. No matter what the occasion; whether a birthday, anniversary, baptism, First Holy Communion, engagement, wedding and everything in between, we have something to suit everyone.

While many changes have taken place over the years our history and heritage forms an essential part of the business: we honour our heritage by maintaining our traditional wooden shop front, which we use as our logo. With the fourth generation of the family now involved in the business we take pride in continuing to offer quality, value and service to the Mullingar community and beyond.