Cathedral of Christ the King
The Cathedral was formally opened and dedicated to Christ the King at the request of Pope Pius XI on September 6th 1936. The Cathedral was solemnly consecrated on Augsut 30th 1939 and to mark the occasion a solemn High Mass was celebrated on September 3rd 1939, the day World War II started. This bright modern cathedral became the diocesan seat of Dr. Mulvany, Bishop of Meath, and his successors to this day. Occupying an elevated site the building with its twin spires is a landmark in the area, and its many famous mosaics are admired by both worshippers and visitors.