Cathedral of Christ the King

Home About Us About Mullingar History of Mullingar Jewellery Shop Contact Us Cathedral of Christ the King The Cathedral was formally opened and dedicated to Christ the King at the request of Pope Pius XI on September 6th 1936. The Cathedral was solemnly consecrated on...

The Jealous Wall

Home About Us About Mullingar History of Mullingar Jewellery Shop Contact Us The Jealous Wall Robert, Earl of Belvedere, believing his wife to be guilty of adultery with his younger brother who lived on the adjoining estate, commissioned an artificial ruin of an abbey...

Monks

Home About Us About Mullingar History of Mullingar Jewellery Shop Contact Us Monks Over the centuries a number of religious orders founded priories in Mullingar: the Augustinians (1227), the Dominicians (1237), The Trinitarians, the Franciscans (1662), and the...

The Catstone on the Hill of Uisneach

Home About Us About Mullingar History of Mullingar Jewellery Shop Contact Us The Catstone on the Hill of Uisneach The location of the Hill of Uisneach at the centre of Ireland, and its commanding position over the surrounding country, inspired the ancient Irish to...

The Drowning of Turgesius

Home About Us About Mullingar History of Mullingar Jewellery Shop Contact Us The Drowning of Turgesius Turgesius was the leader of an invading Viking force around 837 A.D. who plundered the area for seven years. According to the Bardic tale, the tyrant had a passion...